The Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools has received generous funding support from:
- The Carnegie Corporation of New York (Founding Funder)
- The Annenberg Foundation at Sunnylands
- The Leonore Annenberg Institute for Civics at the Annenberg Public Policy Center, University of Pennsylvania
- The S.D. Bechtel, Jr. Foundation
- The Center for Civic Education
- The National Center for Learning and Citizenship at the Education Commission of the States
- The Ford Foundation
- The Knight Foundation
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- The Robert McCormick Foundation
The Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools is a project of the Leonore Annenberg Institute for Civics of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, the Campaign is housed by the National Council for the Social Studies.
A note on nomenclature: the Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools uses the term Civic Learning to convey the necessary elements of effective civic education. These elements include classroom instruction in civics & government, history, economics, law and geography; service learning linked to classroom learning; experiential learning; learning through participation in models and simulations of democratic processes; guided classroom discussion of current issues and events, and meaningful participation in school governance.